HOW DO YOU SELECT GENETICALLY
SUPERIOR GRASSFED LIVESTOCK?
November 3 & 4, 2021
Whether your main enterprise is beef, dairy, pigs, lamb, goats or poultry, Allen Williams will explain how at The Stockman Grass Farmer's Grass & Genetics School.
MORNINGS IN THE CLASSROOM, AFTERNOONS ON THE BDA FARM
This SGF school will cover:
- The economics of a genetically superior herd/flock.
- The foundational basics of linebreeding - Why? How? Who?
- Critical factors and traits affecting phenotype and genotype.
- Key phenotypic traits to look for in selecting the right individuals for breeding stock.
- The three most important traits to select for.
- How to build a truly efficient and trouble-free herd or flock.
- How to develop a working plan for a genetically superior herd or flock.
- And how to recognize a truly finished animal that is ready for market.
Classroom sessions will be reinforced with farm visits allowing close up viewing of livestock and further discussion of genetics. Come prepared to discuss your own situation.
The cost of the school is $800, but a $100 non-refundable deposit will secure your place. Lodging and most meals not included. The school starts at 8 am Wednesday, November 3rd and concludes by 4 pm Thursday, November 4th, 2021.
Click here to register for school or call 1-800-748-9808.