GRAZIER'S GRASSROOTS OF GRAZING SCHOOL
Tuesday, February 4 - Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Jim Gerrish, the author of Management Intensive Grazing and Kick the Hay Habit
A major emphasis of this school is the correct sequence of implementing grazing technology so that is "pays for itself". Develop a profitable operation from the grassroots taught by the grazier who wrote the books, Management Intensive Grazing and Kick the Hay Habit.
Block 1: HAVING A PLAN
- Setting goals for your farm or ranch
- What's your carrying capacity?
- Planning for year-around grazing
- Pasture inventory and monitoring
Block 2: GRAZING BASICS
- Building a better solar panel
- Balancing rest and use
- Keeping animal performance high
- Using stock density effectively
Block 3: GRAZING CELL DESIGN
- Fixed vs. flexible cell designs
- Planning stock water systems
- Proven electric fence tools & techniques
- Keeping infrastructure cost down
Block 4: YEAR-AROUND GRAZING
- Matching livestock and forage production cycles
- Stockpiling winter feed
- Annual pastures
- Effectively using winter pastures
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to manage a variable stocking rate
- How to stock your farm or ranch at the right level
- How to use a pasture inventory and grazing wedge
- How to maximize solar energy capture
- The importance of post-grazing residual
- When and how long to allow pastures to recover
- How to keep forage intake and an animal performance high
- Why stock density is the most powerful tool in your toolbox
- How to determine the appropriate stock density
- Avoid costly mistakes in grazing cell construction
- How much water does a cow or sheep need
- How to plan your grazing cell
- How to match animal and forage production cycles
- How and what to stockpile for winter grazing
- How to get the most out of annual pastures
- How to keep grazing through summer and winter
This Grazier’s Grassroots of Grazing School is limited to only 50 people. The tuition is $800 and a nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit of $100 will hold your place. Upon registration, you will receive hotel information with your confirmation letter.
The tuition does not include lodging or meals. The Grazier’s Grassroots of Grazing School will begin at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, February 4 and end at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, February 5, 2020.
Refund Policy: There will be no refund issued with less than 14 days notice before the event. Any refund issued will be in the form of a check from The Stockman Grass Farmer and will be less the $100.00 nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit.
For more information you can contact The Stockman Grass Farmer at 800-748-9808 or 601-853-1861.