Our grass farming mentors and extended practioner family have some answers!
September 16 - 17, 2021
The SGF Gathering at Polyface (GAP) will give you VIP access to hobnob and fellowship with some of the best practitioners in the grass farming movement today. Escape the isolation to build new relationships with like minded producers. Two full days to soak up information on topics from soils to grazing, finance and marketing. Visit with a select group of vendors. Each day enjoy home cooked lunch from the fields of Polyface Farm.
The SGF family of key presenters who will be present both days includes:
- Ray Archuleta - Understanding the indicators of Soil Function. Living systems are complex. Many indicators have to be evaluated to determine soil ecosystem function. With a basic understanding of soil function and learning key indicators-landowners can evaluate their own soils with inexpensive tools.
- Jim Gerrish - The Joy of Wasting Grass. The first mantra of grass farming is "Grass feeds the grass, grass feds the soil, then grass can feed the livestock." If you take care of the grass and the soil, the livestock will come along for the ride. Progress towards soil health and farm profitability will only come when you accept the need to waste grass.
- Jordan Green - Becoming a Farm Builder. From starting a farm in the late 2000's economic crisis to thriving through the pandemic, Jordan shares lessons he and Laura learned along the way and the principle guiding their farm business.
- Greg Judy - Starting Regenerative Grazing on Leased Land - Mistakes and Successes. With land prices skyrocketing, it makes sense now more than ever to start your grazing operation on leased land. It allows you to free up equity to grow your grazing business at exponential rates. Greg will share mistakes and successes from building their operation from scratch to 16 farms today.
- Steve Kenyon - Starting From Scratch. Starting a farm from nothing is one thing, but keeping it cash flowing year after year is quite another. Steve will explain how figuring margins, opportunity costs, and monthly income kept him solvent as he grew from zero to 1400 head of cattle on 3500 acres of leased land.
- Sheri Salatin - Be the Middleman: Catch and Keep those Elusive Profits. You've spent all your blood, sweat, and tears creating the world's best product only to lose your profits to the vilified middleman. Sheri will share her experiece with capturing the entire retail dollar for your products and down-to-earth tips on catching and keeping customers for your farm.
- Joel Salatin - Grass Farming: Solutions for Tomorrow. Grass farming brings ecology, emotion, and economics together under one vocational umbrella to speak security and sustainability into the food and farm future. The greatest needs and greatest hopes of our times find elegant answers in the grass farming imperative. In his unique style, Joel inspires and challenges the SGF family to message and model our solutions for tomorrow.
Don't miss this great opportunity to meet multiple respected leaders of the grassfed movement all in one place, get your questions answered, and make lifelong friends. It's time to flee isolation and pamper yourself. You deserve it! Let this be the 2021 gift for your sanity and soul.
The cost of The SGF Gathering at Polyface is $600 a person or $500 a person for 2 persons or more. A fee of $50 per person will apply for cancellation(s).